Friday, August 27, 2010

Map It Out

As I'm sure you've noticed on the wall of asymmetical frames in the guest bedroom there's a frame with an adorable map. I had decided that I wanted to map out all the places Neal and I have been together as a couple. We've only hit 4 places but that just means we need to get out a bit more. Here are some before and after shots of the map and how I put it together.

Before I finished my map idea:


(It's a little rough but you get the idea I was going for)



After shots:



How I made this project happen was first I picked out a map I liked online. I then printed it out and laminated it. After that I wanted to see what it would look like inside the frame which was how the purple background came about. But as you can tell by the first shots It didn't look that great. So I went out and bought cork backing

and decided to use some wrapping paper I already owned.


I glued the wrapping paper to the cork and added the map pins to the final project and it turned out just the way I wanted it!

I LOVE IT and it was so easy!

xo,
Kim