First idea: I want to organize our mail area with more storage and functional style. I'm just about tired of the mail sitting on the dinning room table/bar/counter top, or where ever it may land upon entering the house, or until someone (meaning me) comes along and picks up the mess and puts it away. I want everything to have its own space. Now, how do I get this with out spending LOTS of pennies in the process? I'm looking to buy something similar to the Pottery Bar Office Organizer they have. That of course is beyond the amount of money I'd like to spend on this project, but so you can get the idea here is what I'm looking at for the kitchen...

Second Idea: I would like to come up with a fun art display. But what kind of art should I use? I know the cheapest and funnest way to come up with art is by taking old calendars and framing the pictures you like. Here are a couple of examples...


Third idea: In our guest bedroom I put together a shadow box of old firsts Neal and I did together. I'd like to brighten it up with color. Add color to the matting and add some unknown facts about what happened the the day we had our firsts. I think that would be a little something fun. How should I do that? Well I know exactly how I'm doing that cause I've kind of already started that project. Once I finish I'll post the pictures and the how to. I cant wait to see how it turns out.
Forth idea: I've been collecting more and more jewelry lately and am running short on places to put all my new pretties. So, the other day I came across this adorable blog and just feel in love with this girls creative idea. She made these mesh pictures frames to hold her earrings and bought old pegs to hold her necklaces. If I could be that creative I don't know what I'd do, but I'm not and since she is, I'm going to take her idea and make it my own. This little project looks super fun and easy and I cant wait to get started. The next thing I'll need to do is build up my jewels like she has. Man does she have A LOT!






Doesn't she just have the cutest set up? Check out her blog. It's so fun and honest. Here is the post about her "pretties". http://smartandsassywithsprinkles.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-i-organize-and-store-my-pretties.html
Fifth idea: If you noticed the wall of abstract frames in the guest bedroom you've noticed one frame is empty. That sad frame is my frame meant for my baby picture. The picture I wanted for the frame was not the right size I need to go to Kinko's and blow it up to an 8x10. Once I add that picture I also wanna add a couple more frames to the wall. I just love how fun the wall looks when they are placed all over. It's so fun! Guess how much I paid for those frames in the room? The most I spent was 16.99. That's right those frames ranged from 3.99-16.99 all from my new favorite store, Ikea! At first I had only bought 4 frames and then realized how reasonable the frames actually were that I went back and snagged another 4. As soon as a go to Kinko's and print out my baby picture I wanna run by Ikea and pick up another 4 frames. But what to put in those frames will be the fun part. What should I add? Neal doing what he loves, playing golf? Maybe those shots of him as a kid swinging is club for the first time. I guess you'll just have to wait and see. Say good bye to that sad little frame in the right corner!
So, there you have it, the five projects I have an itching to get started on. Which one should I start with? Should I take a trip down memory lane with my shadow box update, or maybe I should tidy up our scary mail and organize the kitchen area, but there is always "pretties" that could use a nice home. Which project would you like to see finished first? I cant wait to get started.
xo,
Kim



No comments:
Post a Comment