Sunday, April 5, 2009

48 Hour Project

This weekend Neal and I decided it was time to gussy up the front of the house. It's spring which means beautiful flowers and green healthy grass. Time to get to plantin, and that we did. We dug out the flower beds cause the pesky Bermuda grass loves to dig its way deep deep down into the flower beds and around the trees during the winter when we're not able to do yard work. (I guess we could get out and do some yard work during the winter, but I'm definitely not getting out there with the wind blowing and the temp's below 50, NO THANKS!) We planted gorgeous Hydrangeas in large pots, and then added color to the front flower bed and side flower bed. We then added white flowers around the trees to draw your eye to the yard as you drive by. This worked last year, but didn't earn us the Yard Of The Month post Neal's been dying to receive, but watch out neighborhood this year we're coming to get ya! Here are the before and after shots of the house. (I didnt have a more recent picture of our casa so I added the one from when we first moved in, and of course the one from today.)

*Click on the pictures below if you'd like to view them larger.

Before:


After:


Here is the side flower bed:


Front flower bed:


And you might just find a Lamb that likes to pose for pictures:

No comments: